Sunday 2 November 2014

THE WEEKLY LOWDOWN

The '7 Things I Learnt This Week' blog posts have kinda been taking over my blog of late. They acted like a safety net, to tide my blog over whilst life things got in the way. I thought about nixing them altogether but then The Fresh Prince popped into my head and I thought 'nah forget it'. Just before I jetted off to Bel Air I got to thinking and I concluded that maybe I'd been a bit irrational. So here it is, the same thing just slightly repackaged, and by that I mean, I gave it a *snappy* new name.



1. Buzzword of the week
Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth. Consider that void in your life now officially filled. 

2. Sweet Times
I guess what were we to expect? They say inspiration is everywhere but who'd have thought it would have been found in quite such a mundane place as the kitchen cupboard?! Anya Hindmarch kicked things off with must-have cereal box bags and not to be left out, Mr Lagerfeld crafted tweed shopping baskets as the new accessory du jour. And apparently Lagerfeld isn't done, with his next iteration of the trend in the form of candy cuffs and strung sweets. All interspersed with the double C's of course. 



3. MAC Time for This One
Halloween may be over but that hasn't stopped MAC from creating a 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' collection to mark their 40th anniversary. It's worth checking out just for the product names. I'm loving the Frank 'N' Furter red myself. 

4. Woolly Sandals?
As if learning that a fear of peanut butter sticking to your mouth wasn't riveting enough, I bring you more of the bizarre. The wonderful people over at Birkenstock have dreamt up a pair of shearing lined Birks. I can just about get on board with the socks and sandals combo but I draw the line at this one. Be prepared for these to be the new Stan Smiths. 

5. The Unlikeliest of Hair-spiration
I'm a bit late on this one but I feel like it's worth a mention. Just as an exclaimer, I'd like to point out that I'm not a fan of X-Factor. However, this year I caught the judges' houses section and I must admit that Mel B was looking good. Usually, squashed between Cheryl and Simon, she goes unnoticed but her braids and brightly patterned summer dresses were pretty damn cool! Too bad she re-discovered her straighteners as soon as she got back on British soil… 

6. Simply Titillating 
Kate Moss has been praised for many things, walked in countless shows and has numerous accolades to her name and now her money-making body has been immortalised in a slightly more, er, shall we say unique way. Joining the likes of Helen of Tory and Marie Antoinette, Mossy had the shape of her breast made into a champagne glass. Yes, you read that right. I'm waiting for it to be confirmed as to which breast you could be drinking out of. 

7. Style Hack
Every now and again I stumble upon something truly wonderful, that changes my life. Whilst you might think I'm being dramatic, I promise that this will have the same effect on you too. As an avid necklace wearer, I constantly face the battle against the tangle. WhoWhatWear saved me from this trauma. Thread your necklace through a straw and then re-do the clasp. Genius! Now go forth and lead a tangle-free life.


(Photos: huffington post, the daily mail, mtv.com, entertainment-focus, freepeople, WhoWhatWear) 

No comments:

Post a Comment