Friday 20 March 2015

THE SHOPPING LIST

In a world that is oversaturated with technological advances on the daily, sometimes it feels refreshing and can I say, a little retro, to just pick up a pen and paper and make a list. Yes an old fashioned list. Do you remember the feeling of accomplishment you once had when you smugly ticked off everything on your to-do list? I know it's a vague, fuzzy memory but stick with me on this recollection. 
(This is me packing away all of my tech gear & a random pair of shoes for good measure)

One day I was feeling particularly nostalgic, plus I had a weirdly large amount of stuff to do so I decided to unload from my weary head and write it all down. Holding an actual pen and having it form legible symbols was tricky at first but the whole exercise was totally therapeutic. The issue however, was actually sticking to said list. 

My list included: milk, bread, cotton pads, wipes, carrots and to post a parcel. Instead I ended up with a mood changing green lipstick, a cream crochet jacket, a pale pink long sleeved top that could possibly be pyjamas (thus making it the best buy this year due to it having doubled its potential wears exponentially), a sleeveless grey polo top, a bag of strawberry pencil sweets, a nude lipstick to add to my other skin-like shades, a new concealer that I don't altogether need and a highly pigmented eyeshadow, which is timely really as I've just had a text confirming that I will be leaving the house this Saturday night. 
(THE most awesome lipstick ever)

BUT I did remember the milk. 

This could merely suggest that I have a severe aversion towards commitment, possible tendencies of flakiness and a brain so sieve-like that I'm confounded (and relieved) that its entire contents doesn't just squirt out altogether. Perhaps setting reminders on my phone would have been slightly more conducive to actually purchasing my intended items, but then again I wouldn't have ended up with a whole load'a cool stuff now would I? The world works in mysterious ways... 
(Images: All my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment